SIPS OF SUMMER
Opening Date and Time
July 1 - 16, 2022
12:00 nn - 8:00 pm
The Wild Lot
Shop B, G/F 6-10 Shin Hing Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
(Close to Gough Street and PMQ)
About the Pop-Up
For Hong Kong to journey through California wines, this year’s California Wine Month will bring the city a special pop-up exhibition. The Sips of Summer pop-up store will curate an exhibition that represents important and significant events in the history of California wines, featuring wineries and winemakers that have made meaningful contributions. The exhibition will present the years 1849 to date, from the Gold Rush era to Prohibition, post-Prohibition to the Judgment of Paris; an event that changed the wine world and established California’s role as a world-class wine producing region, and innovative and sustainable efforts to date. The exhibition is also exemplar of California’s Golden State of Mind, defined by the spirits of boldness, optimism, and innovation.
Visitors will be able to go on guided tours for the exhibition at specific times throughout the weeks, and an array of California wines will be available for purchase and sampling.
Furthermore, renowned composer and one of the very few female audio engineers in Hong Kong Veronica Lee (Veegay) will be producing a piece of music, inspired by California summers and wines, dedicated to our Sips of Summer pop-up store. Visitors will be able to immerse themselves in it as they enter our store.
為了讓大眾深入瞭解加州葡萄酒，今年的加州美酒月將為香港帶來一場別出心裁的《Sips of Summer 加州酒限定體驗館》，重點介紹加州葡萄酒歷史上的里程碑，以及酒莊和釀酒師的偉大貢獻。展覽將呈現由1849年至今，從淘金熱到禁酒令，再到巴黎審判 (Judgement of Paris)，加州迄今為止如何致力創新和投入可持續發展；種種事件逐步確立加州作為世界級葡萄酒產區的角色，亦同時體現加州酒 「Golden State of Mind」 的大膽、樂觀和創新的精神。
《Sips of Summer 加州酒限定體驗館》將於 2022 年 7 月 1 日至 16 日登陸上環善慶街6-10號 The Wild Lot (鄰近歌賦街及PMQ)。來賓可在這段日子內的指定時間參加導賞團，並可品嚐和購買一系列加州葡萄美酒。此外，為了獲得無縫的瀏覽和購物體驗，我們將與葡萄酒應用程式以及網購平台 Vivino 合作，顧客可以通過該應用程式及網購平台，查看我們商店所提供的葡萄酒完整細節及詳細信息，並在特定時限內享受特別折扣購買加州葡萄美酒。
此外，著名作曲家及香港少數女音響工程師之一Veronica Lee, Veegay (李端嫻 ) 將為體驗館創作樂章，靈感來自加州夏日及美酒，讓來賓參觀時更能沉醉其中。
1) For hygiene reasons, all the guests will be required to have their temperature taken and sanitize their hands upon arrival at the premises and wear a mask throughout except when consuming the tasting portions.
2) Persons before entering the premises are required to scan the “LeaveHomeSafe” (LHS) venue QR code using the LHS mobile application (hereinafter abbreviated as “scanning LHS”)
3) Those who display any symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, cough and/or shortness of breath, should not enter the premises and are recommended to promptly seek medical advice.
4) Organizers reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone found in violation of these precautionary measures.
5) Organizers will continue to monitor the evolving situation to ensure that appropriate hygiene measures are put in place